Lady at the door

Knock, knock!, "Who's it?". Knock again, "May I know who that is?". "Just open the door!!!, I'm freezing over here".
I open the door to see myself as a shivering person with tattered shabby clothes. What the?. "Thank you very much. That was very polite and humane. I usually hate all these snippity snooping, mushy love, sympathy, but you opened the door because of your curiousity". You have no idea how much its increased now though. "You see, the very inportance of living is the curious nature of humans". Dang it! I opened the door for a sermon?? "Listen here ms. um whoever you are, I just opened the door because you said you were freezing. My buisness here is only to help you grateful with the thought that I'm not you". She smiles.(???)

"You're right, yes. But beyond the veils of buisness if not then emotions lies an in-built nature of pitying which I hate and you are deviod of it. This is the reason why I have come to you in the first place..". Hmm... interesting yet boggling. I like being praised like that."...and I know you love being nourished that way. You like it when someone talks you with the minute details of chivalry". Impressive. "May I know who you are?".

"Not now my dear, the time is too insignificant and you need to know more important things than who I might be. I understand you are a complex person with the idea that you have to be answerable to people, even though you hate it?"."Yes but I never asked for it. It was given to me". She pauses."I also understand you think that you're some kind of a lonesome hero who is on earth to make other people happy?" "Well, lets not put into that sense, but sometimes people get wary and dont understand me". "Thats exactly what you're doing..". She gave a smile."Yes, but listen lady, I have a reason". "Oh, others also do".
Hold it, she asks me to open the door and talks about me as if she knew me as a mother would. But I keep quiet and try to listen to her.

"I also know why you have changed into a person to whom everything interests yet you dont like it. You can bring a life into people yet you grope one for yourself. Face it girl, you've lost someone." Who?. "Yourself, your happiness, anger, sorrow, excitement have all become secondary to you and nothing stands in the top. No wonder you've become like this". All these words hit like a pang of guilt that I never pampered myself. "You're right. I have forgotten to love myself". "No, you haven't. There is still a hope. But that is only possible if you make a move and realise that whatever you dream, imagine, long for with so much love cannot happen always. Sometimes it gets too demanding to become someone else just because the other person would prefer you being that way. Sometimes people did like you, but they never got the chance to understand who you really are."

" It was unfair. But I assure you, the next moment in your life you will be a more grown person when you see it again. You will realise how to react with it."

"Will I ever get back that?", I choked. " This is life my dear. I tell you its a vicious circle. No one can bring back those happiness. Neither can you find a person who can do so. Because that phase of life was special and will remain special till your last breath exhales into the world. But I know one day you will look back at it with only smiles, no pain at all". "Thank you, ms.......?"

"I'm no one, but I just came to make you realise that you have a very bright future. Forget those erased writings and make a new one now. Everyday the sun rises and sets. Life is not only made of career,love,friends and responsibilities. You need to find out your identity and start packing for the voyage that you cannot even imagine". I was touched. I was crying for the first time on my own will because I wanted to. She din't force me, neither did I hate it. But every drop of tear was lightening my heart."Now let me say who I am". She heads to the door, opens it and stands there with a smile. " I was you just some moments back, when a lady, frozen and shabby, came to my place and told what I said to you now...."






4 comments:

Ranjani said...

I tried my best to put it into a story...

Anonymous said...

You motivated yourself nicely and shared the thoughts. But writers do need diplomacy always to explain things, sorry, if I am not good in understanding.

When you convey something be clear, understand audience will not be in your context first try to bring them to your thought/topic then drive them. When you want to write or live for in general you will get more response, which you expecting.

Mind is tampered always so generally people can't understand it properly, writer is a person who will give nice shape to them and make it clear.

At last, be clear about identity you are expecting for yourself. Many achievers at end realized rather swimming hard it was better to they could learn floating on life.

Any how wonderful presentation of crispy thoughts. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It is very difficult to give your view and thoughts to world properly, you are doing well.

But it is more important how you can give a view of what/how is it exactly and then your idea of finishing.

Anonymous said...

Way you said - No Comment
What you want to say - Fine everyone needs.
Why you want to say - i understood, others???