THE DECIDER

The day was nearing to get over, the evening was a pleasant one. But tensions were running high as the final match drew near. Two rival teams, fighting for the top. The players were keeping up with their spirits and emotions. People had come over to just watch this spectacular battle. The anticipation was over, the waiting had finally got over. Glory was waiting for the winners.

To my dismay it started pretty bad. The first set, no matter how much my team tried lost out very badly. Anger was mounting up with many of them nearly to tears. The second set then started. The referee was ready, so were the opponents. "This is it, we have to win this set...." My breath was a little bit fast but steady. I was waiting all these days to just show them, to just win this one...and I am right here lost out with my team.
Then came a feeling which i still have no idea how to describe.

I started playing with only one determined focus, to play and get it right. Not bothered about what the world was doing, who were cheering, shouting, chanting, praying to win. I felt alone, as though i'm here to face a huge giant, the so called match. The game began with a new set. It shot off brilliantly with our team racing ahead to win. Everything was going with such a dream like pace, nothing seemed to enter into the heart, forget the brains.We showed them no mercy and won this set. YES!!!!! this is the way, we love the sweet smell of winning through hard work and great play.And the game stood now at a tie....

Now came the final and deciding set. Our game started very good just like the second one. We roared off to lead the opponents by a good number of points. The opponents couldn't believe what was happening. Our every move was a point more. We played like we had never before with people cheering away madly. Nothing seemed to stop us. But we did stop, the final result was that we lost.

We lost not because we did not play right but the reason was something else. Notice that I had said we were rival teams? That explains everything. Yet why did I write this in a blog? There was a feeling I said about, something that was much beyond my understanding. It just came to me as a breeze, told me.... Never fear for what might happen, just do what you think is right. And to this day, I have tried imbibing that spirit with almost everything but thats just a forced one. The real feeling is something extraordinary, it controls just about everything. You are no longer worrying about the future, you have forgotten the past. The only thing that matters is the present which is in your hands. You can change it or just live with whatever comes. The choice is yours.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should've known that the battle you were fighting was already lost.

Ranjani said...

Yes but,the idea of blogging about it was about that feeling now about whether we win or lose

Ranjani said...

I meant not about...

Siva Kiran said...

hey.....tht's wonderfully written....the situation very well chosen...to drive ur point home....i hv only one thing to say(nd ur story stressed on that)....never lose HOPE....

Anonymous said...

Is it really about a game?